The government of Luxembourg developed a portfolio of offset projects, allocating climate funds to cost-effectively reduce emissions in developing countries.
The project assessments included:
- landfill gas capture in Brazil,
- 6 MW bimass to energy project in India,
- reducing methane leakage from gas distribution networks in Ukraine,
- combined cycle gas turbine in Beijing,
- refineries in China,
- wind power in China and India,
- distribution of Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) in Ecuador,
- geothermal in Nicaragua.
Shifting Paradigms was the programme manager for these assessments.
Client: Government of Luxemburg
Partners: Climate Focus, Nathalie Roth